Buying new T5 Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donniea1800

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. I am getting new bulbs for my 4 bulb fixture. Thinking about ordering 2 - ATI Blue Plus, 1 - ATI Coral Plus, and 1 - KZ New Gen. What do you think of this combination? Anybody run this? Anybody think something else that may be better? I like a nice blue tint but not too blue. Thanks.

Hey guys. I am getting new bulbs for my 4 bulb fixture. Thinking about ordering 2 - ATI Blue Plus, 1 - ATI Coral Plus, and 1 - KZ New Gen. What do you think of this combination? Anybody run this? Anybody think something else that may be better? I like a nice blue tint but not too blue. Thanks.

Reefs require blue (actinic) and white bulbs.

So I would go with two bulbs 6700K and two bulbs actinic. Some prefer 1W 3B, but I think 2W and 2B is more efficient.

I would go with two aquablue specials and two blue plus ones. Or swap out a blue plus for that kz if you like. The combo above will be too blue specially if you just want a hint of blue

I'm running 3 Blue+, 2 AquaBlue Special's, and a Purple+. I think it's a pretty good combination that gives a crisp look.

I agree with Carey. 2 Blue+ and 2 AquaBlue Specials. Do your bulbs come on at different times or all at once?

I'd swap out the coral+ for an aquablue special. I literally have that exact combo sitting packaged up in my living room since I upgraded to LEDs before using them.

They come on different times. Right now I have 3 blue plus and 1 aquablue. Its ok but the aquablue kind of washes stuff out. How about 2 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus. Or maybe 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus?

Back
Top Bottom