by any chance can you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I shudder to think of all the notsogood things you could bring along with the sand.. :uhoh:

You can, however you should collect it far away from the shore. This is to insure that any pollution that may be near the immediate beach area won't be brought home to your tank.

I seeded my tank with sand from the Gulf of Mexico. I simply swam out about 300 yards and dove down and collected a cup of sand to put in my tank.

Agree with Corty. Pollutants are a big concern. I wouldn't from a beach. Now diving a few miles offshore, thats a different story.

Personally I take mine from the areas right around the dunes... it is typically untouched by humans and not even close to water. My tank is full of it and I have never had a chemistry problem (besides cycling). It depends on your area though... I am right by the jersey shore and have a large area of basically uncharted beach... I wouldn't take it from like AC though...

Back
Top Bottom