CA ALK question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MT79

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will using GAC while doseing ESV B-ionic cause any problems? Should I remove the carbon for a while after dosing? I'm having some problems boosting my ALK. CA=400 ALK=2.5meg/l

Will using GAC while doseing ESV B-ionic cause any problems?
Shouldnt cause any problems at all..

Should I remove the carbon for a while after dosing?
Honestly no need really..
I'm having some problems boosting my ALK. CA=400 ALK=2.5meg/l
Do you currently test for Mg?? if so what is the current level??? This can sometimes play a role in this.. There is a recipe that is like 6 to 1... 6 parts Baking Soda 1 part Washing soda.. I believe that is it.. LOL I belive its 1 tbsp per 20gals to boost alk 1 meq/l.. I believe Reefrunner has the Exact recipe... Might want to check with him for it or on the net.. I am sure its around.. Just watch your pH carefully as it will raise your pH for a bit..

HTH<
James

MT79 said:
I'm having some problems boosting my ALK. CA=400 ALK=2.5meg/l
There is no need to boost your alk given the current Ca level. At 400 ppm Ca the balanced alk level is about 2 mEq/l. If you are trying to up the numbers boost the Ca another 10 ppm first to balance the levels. As cj10488 mentioned check the Mg levels as that will be a large contributor to your success.

How much of the two are you dosing daily for the 29? Also remember that when using a two part liquids they must be used in unison. If only using part A too boost the alk, the effect will be negligable as it needs the part B to be chemically complete.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom