Calc Overdose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to overdose on Kalk? I use about 1ltr every 2 or 3 days in my 55g. I don't have a Ca test... none of my LFS's seem to carry them. Should I be concerned?

That really isn't that much. I go through about a gallon a day of Kalk because of evaporation and this is on a 40 gallon tank.

You really do need to get an Alk/Ca test kit, however. You may not even need to being dosing Kalk at all. Only the kit will tell you that.

I must say I did notice a slight increase in teh growth of coraline since I started a few weeks ago. Nothing major but some appeared on my PH's and filter return. My rocks also look a bit fuller.

It is possible to overdose on kalk. If you do then you will see a white powerer develop in the tank as the calcium precips out of the solution. You should really have a calcium and alkinity test kit to make sure your dosing the proper amount for your tank to keep the balance you desire.

Back
Top Bottom