Calcium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna copy and paste, but that's what I thought about kalk. what cccapt said. Just to sustain calcium and alk. Once desired levels are reached.
Supra

As far as dosing. Is it a constant dosing. ( if drip runs out refill and proceed?) always use in top off? Or just once and watch levels? I really appreciate all the responses.
Supra

So what your saying is that brightwell aquatics is lying about what is in their kalk+2

As far as dosing. Is it a constant dosing. ( if drip runs out refill and proceed?) always use in top off? Or just once and watch levels? I really appreciate all the responses.
Supra
With your calcium already so high, you don't need to be adding any calcium supplement, IMO. I would just boost your alk with Arm&Hammer baking soda and continue to watch your parameters. Regular partial water changes may keep everything where it needs to be. It seems to be doing a fine job keeping calcium up. :)
So what your saying is that brightwell aquatics is lying about what is in their kalk+2
I am just stating the scientific fact that magnesium is insoluble in calcium hydroxide.
Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2 - Advanced Kalkwasser Supplement w/Calc., Stron., Mag. - Reef Central Online Community
Brightwell Aquatics Kalk +2 - Reef Central Online Community

Yea but magnesium hydroxide and strontium hydroxide are not

Are not what?
Please, read and try to understand the articles I posted. Magnesium precipitates out as Magnesium hydroxide and that IS NOT SOLUBLE!!!!!
Once again.....
What Your Grandmother Never Told You About Lime by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com
Aquarists frequently ask if they can mix other additives into their limewater. For some additives, the answer is clearly no. These include magnesium (which precipitates as magnesium hydroxide), calcium (which limits the dissolution of calcium hydroxide), and alkalinity supplements (which will precipitate as calcium carbonate). Strontium supplements can be combined with limewater, although there may be no real need for it.

Am I done with this debate. Read and learn!

This is not a debate its opinion. And please dont insult my intelligence . I have probably been in thia hobby way before you have. I would say that you are just a bot frustrated huh!!!! Lololol

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow cant we all just get along!!!! New to the hobby but so far a firm believe in water changes so far done me REAL good. :p

This is not a debate its opinion.
It might be your opinion, but I stated scientific facts which disagree with your opinion.
And please dont insult my intelligence.
No comment. :)
I have probably been in thia hobby way before you have.
Maybe you have. I've only had a reef tank running constantly since about 1987 or so, but the amount of time one has been running a system could be irrelevant. Some people learn alot in a short period of time, some learn alot over a longer period of time and some never learn at all.
I would say that you are just a bot frustrated huh!!!! Lololol.
Yes, sometimes I get frustrated when people either don't want to learn something or maybe are unable to learn something.
Wow cant we all just get along!!!! New to the hobby but so far a firm believe in water changes so far done me REAL good. :p
I agree 100%. Water changes are one of the best things you can ever do for your tank.

Anyway, I think the OP had his questions answered or the many links I posted have the answers to his questions. Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom