Calcium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There should be enough in your salt mix to sustain your liverock. If you have a test kit check it and keep it at 400-450ppm

can i put live rock right after i add the sald in the tank? and if i do the shrimp method do i ever take the shrimp out?

There are as many different designs for aquascaping as you can think of. Personally, I think whatever looks good to you as you move the rocks around and stack/combine them, is what you should do, although there are diagrams of scaping out there.

10 lbs of live rock seems way too low for a 44 gallon to me...most use anywhere from 1 to 2 lbs per gallon.

Enjoy your tank and give it your own signature style 8) .

i went to HD today and there was sand that said old castle tropical play sand from the carribean .. i was like GREAT but then it said not recomended for aquariums. should i still get it or go to another HD?. and they did not other types of sand.

From what I have read on these forums, they have to put that on their bag so they dont step on the toes of the Local Fish Stores. I dont know if home depot will allow you to pour vineagar on their sand before you buy but really, how much is a 50 lb bag. Soooooo cheap, I'm jealous.

24 hrs had passed and the water is still a lil foggy should i put in the live rock now enyway? and the shrimp?? and do i have to take the exoskeleton off the shrimp before i put it in??

Back
Top Bottom