calico crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the last few days we purchased a calico crab and I was wondering if anyone ever has kept one? We placed it in our 29g tank with no corals and very little live rock just in case he's a bulldozer. Theres little that can be found on the net as far as feeding and care go. It was just so neat and big enough to see because the 29g is up the street at grandpas and we thought he would enjoy it for $15.00 it seemed like a good buy. So anybody got anything that may help out?

Dont really know too much, however I do belive they get pretty big. My LFS had them a few months ago and they were around 5-6 inches or so. They do look really cool :D

CalicoCrab.jpg

If that is your crab...it is a fish eater and will eat inverts as well. Predatory crab ;)

Yep thats the guy I'd know him anywhere! The only thing in that tank is a few damsels, I will try to feed him shrimp and hope that he eats them and not the damsels but if he does oh well. Thanks for the info its more than I could find other then sales on them.

Back
Top Bottom