Came home to this today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
img_576636_0_b9a8cf81d6b841e993c45114bf259ac6.jpg

I was worried that my O. clowns weren't going to figure out what the BTA was. Then i came home today and bam...there she was...playing in it. I'm very excited about it. I know stuff like this is old hat to so many people, but it's really exciting for me. So i snapped a pic of her in there. It's been 2 days since the BTA was introduced. I don't know why she decided to go in there today but I did use the old "put the clown looking lettuce clip" by the BTA that i read about. So i don't know if that helped or not but nevertheless, i now have a BTA hosting an O. clown. Tear..

How did you get it to host? I have had my BTA now for two or three wks. And my clown will go and be in it for like 5sec everyonce and awhiel but wont stay. What can I do to get it to host?

accorddude said:
How did you get it to host? I have had my BTA now for two or three wks. And my clown will go and be in it for like 5sec everyonce and awhiel but wont stay. What can I do to get it to host?

not sure. What kind of anemone and clown do you have? It could be that your clown just isn't that interested in the type of anemone you have?

accorddude said:
BTA and True Osclaris Clown

hmmmm. That combination has worked plenty of times before. There's really not a hole lot you can do to convince the clown to go into the BTA. I read about how someone on this board bought one of those lettuce clips that look like a clownfish, and set it next to the anemone. He said, "it sounds stupid, but the clownfish thinks it's a real fish and goes to check it out". Now, i'm not saying this strategy works or not, but i used it and when i came home today she was in the BTA. But other than that, from what i've read, it's just a waiting game. Sometimes, clowns just won't host either.

Congrats.

Off topic... i love finding nemo. lol great movie for kids and adults... I aggree its had a bad effect on the hobby... but I never wanted to go out and get a saltwater aquarium until just now that i've done some research.

First off, Great Pics, and congrats. Ive been wanting to get a few clowns, but due to the movie, and the Nemo cliche, I am reluctant. I have a very good friend that works in a pet store, he comments on the daily Nemo refrence. Of course clown sales are way up...

I am a scuba diver, that is one of my favorite sites to see, a hosting clown.

Awesome picture.

Wade

do you really hate the movie...or just the effect it's had on our reefing hobbies?
Yes. I am sure it is solely responsible for a large number of "nemos" and "Doris" being burried in the wet, circular grave.

Thats cool that it is hosting now..

accorddude
You can not make a clown host... it either will or it wont.

I don't hate the movie I HATE the terms that came from the movie.. Nemo and Dori fish.. It kills me when people call them that and not what they are..

Back
Top Bottom