Can a fish have allergies???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know what a weird question but...I posted before that my Blue tang had ick. When she was in the main I tried treating with garlic and she had more spots when I gave garlic.I simply thought that the ick was getting worse. With the help of Quarryshark I got a qt and treated her,she seemed fine and I put her back in the main. Meanwhile NONE of my other fish showed any signs of ick. Well once back in the main I gave garlic soaked food again and she got spots again. So what are the possibilities that my little blue is allergic to garlic??? She also seems to have a bubble over one eye the other is very clear nd black but her one eye seems to have a bubble over it. Will she be ok? She is still my little piggy and is acting fine just wondering! Thanks all in advance!! Sue

Since they have an immune system then it would make sense to me that they would also be capable of having allergic reactions. I'm not quite sure how it would manifest but it certainly seems possible.

Back
Top Bottom