can i add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75 gallon reef tank with a 20 gallon long sump.

for fish i have a
- Blue spot toby puffer
- Lazon anthias
- Hoevens wrasse
- Scooter blenny
- mystery wrasse

awesome how many more you think im not looking to pack my tank out or over stock it or anything, all those fish are pretty much the same size biggest one 3.5 inches. not really looking to go any bigger, dont want to use up all their swimming room ya know

It's a reef but not like I exactly follow the rules anyway with a puffer in my reef Lolol I actually want to put a baby blue throat trigger in their would he be to much for my tank along with the other fish i heard they are the most docile trigger for a reef (obv its still a risk)

Yep those are all smaller fish exept for the puffer. I'd go with a larger one like a large angel! What about an emporer angel? And what kind of corals do you have because if it's loaded with Lps I would risk it.

i only have lps pretty much, duncans frogspaw hammer toadstool mushrooms star polyps. i would try an angel but i have had one before and he started eating my frogspawn so he had to go. i really want a trigger lol i feel like that would complete my tank but if you think he would be aggressive to my smaller fish then its deff not worth the risk.

maybe a snowflake eel? or some type of interesting eel

How is the scooter blenny doing competing with 2 wrasses in the the tank for food? How long has your tank been set up? Do you have a cover for your tank? Where do your wrasses sleep at night?

well its really not the wrasses he is competing with its my fat puffer lol. and he is fine i feed him personally with a feeding stick otherwise he would never survive so i make sure he eats everytime i feed. a little bit of a pain but hey gotta do what you gotta do and my overall tank has been running 8 months but now everything is in a new 75 gallon tank. their is no cover i know thats a risk. and my hoevens sleeps in the sand and my mystery probally somewhere in my rock i have alot of holes and caves.

That leaves out eels they hunt at night and are escape artists your wrasses would probably get eaten at night and your scooter would probably be a mid day meal while hunting food.

Back
Top Bottom