Can I Add Old Dead hard Corals to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a few hard corals (SPS) that I pulled from my tank a month and a half ago since they were not doing too good. They all died and turned white as I have had them outside open to the air. Can I put them back in the tank or will that be bad and kill my other corals or fish? Maybe there is a way to disinfect or clean them. They would look really good and I only pulled them so they would not spread diseases and make other corals or fish suffer. Since I pulled them the tank has had not one problem and everything looks very healthy.

p.s. Any and all fleshy parts look to be gone alltho there really was almost nothing to begin with.

Thank you for the help

If you put them back in they are not going to stay that nice white color for long. They will get covered in algae

More then getting covered with algae, they will get covered with coralline algae in time...

Well TYVM everyone. Got 4 replys in 30 min and will factor in everything you all said

If you put them back in they are not going to stay that nice white color for long. They will get covered in algae

This is what happened to me when I added some to my tank yrs ago. It did not take long either.

Back
Top Bottom