Can I have "too much" coralline algae?
So I started yet another reef tank, seems to be an addiction at this point lol.
The purple coralline algae is nuts in my tanks, I love the greener bioluminescent algae mixture but the purple totally takes over on my rock, I know it's probably not a bad thing, but am I giving it too much light or something? I generally turn my light on each morning before work at about 7am and I shut it off around 6-8 pm each day, I keep asking different blogs and such and I get mixed answers, a lot of them say no more than 8 hours, some say 12 on 12 off.
Does anyone have any opinions, I'd appreciate any helpful hits and tips.