Can I keep any of these corals with my lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have zoo's, xenia and GSP... can I add any of these with my lighting?

Blue Green Acropora Nobilis stag frag
Pink Millie Millepora
Green Aculeus bottlebrush acropora
(Purple Haze) Montipora
Leathers (which?)
Frog spawn or toad stool?

that is not enough for any sps corals
most leathers would be ok the frogspawn would be ok and the toad stool would be ok
you would want to have MH or VHO for the sps frags as they wont keep their color under pc (normally ) some do keep it sucessfully tho

I would say the first 4 would not make it. You`ll need Mh`s for those. The last 2 should be OK. Your answers Steve are in her signature.

You can keep just about anything under that lighting that you have....except sps. I don't know enough about sps to say one way or the other, but there are certain species that you can keep under PC lights as long as you keep them close to the water surface. Upgrade to MH lights and you've got basically unlimited options (in regards to light, I mean). You can click the myinfo button under me to see what I keep in my 29 gallon under 130 watts PC lights.

Frogspawn would be just fine, as would the toadstool, like said.

HTH :)

melosu58 said:
Your answers Steve are in her signature.
You have to check signatures in your
(at bottom) to view them since it's off by default.

Thanks all! The guy was saying they would be fine ( I was getting some frags from him ) Knew I would get the right info here... would have been bummed to have wasted that $$$. Thanks again!

tecwzrd said:
melosu58 said:
Your answers Steve are in her signature.
You have to check signatures in your
(at bottom) to view them since it's off by default.
Thanks. I didn't know I had that turned of. I just thought it was a very clean looking board.

I would avoid the Acroporids. The Montipora, leather, toadstool, and frogspawn should all be ok.

Steven Pro said:
I would avoid the Acroporids. The Montipora, leather, toadstool, and frogspawn should all be ok.

I agree. I have kept montipora digitata and caps under PC lighting with no issues.

If postioned properly, motis and procilis should be okay. Of course, lots of options in terms of softies and LPS corals.

Back
Top Bottom