Can I put these shrimps together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyfromlawrenceville

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
Just wondering if I can put a fire shrimp and other shrimps together? Not sure what else at this time but trying to figure out if different shrimps can go together, is there any shrimps that don't play well with others of different species.

Mantis shrimps must be housed alone and depending on the type, can eat fish. The only other common shrimp seen is the Coral banded/Boxer shrimp, which does not tolerate other species of shrimp. They are occasionally sold as pairs though, which is fine.

I have had blood shrimp and cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp together and they seemed to be OK.

I agree with James and Mike. I have a pistol and he doesn't bother any other shrimp in the tank...unless they decide to wonder into his cave. He doesn't kill them but makes a loud SNAP, to warn them.

I have 2-cleaner shrimp that are best buds and always hang out together. Whenever I add peppermint shrimp to the tank the pepps only last about a week or two and then they are gone. I don't know if it is because the cleaners kill them or what.

Back
Top Bottom