Can I use this....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayreee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to buy a Marineland Eclipse 29 gallon aquarium. It comes with the eclipse hood/filter and I am not sure what else. I was wondering if I could use that for a saltwater tank. I know I would need more supplies but just wondering if I could use the basics that it comes with. Thanks :)

Edit:
12-Gallon Glass Aquarium, Eclipse 1 System, 18" Fluorescent Lamp, Rite-Size "G" Filter Cartridge, BIO-Blend™ Tropical Fish Food, BIO-Safe™ Tap Water Conditioner, BIO-Coat™ Stress Defense, Beginners Fishkeeping Guide. Certified Flow: 150 GPH.

Yes you can use it, but as you said you will need a few more items to begin. Gonna start you a sw huh? :D

Yes I am going to try. I am not sure that I am going to make it a saltwater. I want to so bad but I am not sure if I will be able to on my budget. With the cost of live rock, a protein skimmer, and all. :cry:

This hobby can become a quite expensive, especially for folks who don't do their homework. In the beginning time is more important than money. Get yourself a good book like the Conscientous Marine Aquarist and see what you are getting yourself into. You don't need tons of money to have a successful SW tank.

Believe me I have all the time in the world. Being disabled (I can lift weight and am not handicapped) I do not have a job so I am looking for something to keep me busy. I hope everything works out. If not I can always at least make it freshwater :D

Read, read and read some more before you jump into this hobby. Very $$$$$$$ to do it right so you and your fish friends stay happy..
There is nothing wrong with FW fish that is where I started and I still have a FW tank. There are a lot if nice FW fish out there....... Good luck with what ever you choose.

Back
Top Bottom