Can you keep acros with soft corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you keep acros with soft corals?

hi i have got a soft coral tank with muchrooms, polyps, pulse coral, plate coral, trumpet coral etc......

is it alright to put a acro frag in here or would i have to take out all the soft corals?

i just heard somewhere i might have to because of chemical warfare?

thanx andrew

I have no experience with SPS's, but I would think that would be ok. It will need a lot more light and water movement than your softies and LPS's are used to so you need to take that into account when you are placing it.

Perhaps someone else who knows a little more about SPS's can help you out more than I can.

i just heard somewhere i might have to because of chemical warfare?

This is common among all corals. I run carbon to help remove that junk.

I have An Acro along with many other Softies and Sps and LPS Everything seems to be doing great so far..

HTH,
James

If you maintain regular waterchanges and run carbon in your system at least a few days per month, it will be fine.

cool thanx guys ill go and get the acro frag that i was after, and also some carbon and run it a few days a month, and keep up the regular water changes, and make sure that the softies arnt to close to the sps!

thanx andrew

Back
Top Bottom