Canary Blenny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am curious about them! I talked to the LFS, read about 5 articles and looked them up im my marine book, but still trying to find some info on these guy's! I have read that they are peaceful with other peaceful tank mates...is this true? I do know they have large fangs and are "poisonous" but im not to worried.....how would it go with my current livestock...and with a bicolor blenny? my mom fell in love with one at the LFS today and I had to literally drag her away.....I said I HAD to ask first...so.....?????????

I believe Ray (austinsdad) used to have one. I had a forktail blenny, almost the same thing and never had any problems. My damsels never bothered him. I think he starved while I was on a trip. I had the person feeding my fish, just use flakes. He didn't seem to eat flakes at all. He loved the frozen food. Mike, they don't actively bite you, they use the bite if they are swallowed by another fish. Say a loinfish decides to gulp it down, the blenny will bite the inside of the mouth and hte loinfish will spit it out.

Yes I saw that but I also saw on that LA link it said dont put your fingers in the tank. That`s the only reason I said it.

melosu58 said:
Yes I saw that but I also saw on that LA link it said dont put your fingers in the tank. That`s the only reason I said it.
Good point!

Back
Top Bottom