Canister filter or sump????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently am running a Eheim 2213 canaster filter and a protein skimmer. I am building a marine tank and am about to start buying corals, already have 8 fish and 80# live rock. The tank is a 60 gallons and is drilled so the intake and out for the canister are through the back of the tank. should I get ride of the Eheim and go with a sump? or is the filter good enough?? also if i go with the sump can I use the intake/out that is currently in place?

I was told that a canister filter has too low of an oxygen level to sustain a marine tank. I would go ahead with the sump, Especially since the tank is predrilled, it will look better if the sump is used.

use the eheim to run carbon from time to time :) but yes sumps are better for extra water and hide equipment :)

I have been running a 120g reef tank for over a year on two canisters and I think that a sump is the way to go especialy if the tank is already drilled.

Back
Top Bottom