Canopy & lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skipper

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I were to add a canopy to my tank, would the canopy fit around my lighting or would the lighting need to be installed to the canopy?

For example, if I bought the 48" Coralife Lunar Moonlight Hood, will the canopy fit over it without any modifications?

are you buying or building a canopy?

typically, people buy or build a canopy and install a lighting kit in it.
I've found most store bought canopies are a little short, and may not allow for a bulking fixture to sit between it and the glass tops on the tank.
If you plan to use the legs that can go on the Coralife hoods, then I'm certain a store bought canopy won't work.

The only real way to know is to determine the canopy's clearance, and the height of the light fixture.

I was planning on buying a canopy, but maybe I will just build one. I need a new stand anyways, I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. (y)

what i did was take all uf the lights out of both my coralife hood and the csl hood and put them in my own canopy. i took every thing out og the mteaol houseing units and just rewired it all and put it in the new canopy. it took like 3-4 hours to do all the install but i am very happy with it.

If it is an all glass aquarium tank and canopy it will fit but it is tight. Some of my service acounts run the All glass hoods with the aqualights and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom