caompact light Q...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
depending on what kind of corals do you want.
if you have 5+ Wats per gallon you could keep everything.
15*5=75W

is lunar light necessary for the tank? does it help out in the tank?

what is the differences between compact light and flurecens light
Wattage and intensity. CF are more intense then NO lights so they will penetrate the water much better.
is lunar light necessary for the tank? does it help out in the tank
No, but they sure look cool. I have seen ads where they claim having moonlights helps in the natual spawning process of the animals in the tank. I think that is a load of crap. :lol:

If a standard 24"x12"x12" it will work.

You might also look at <<this one>>. Dual bulbs allowing for the dawn/dusk affect. No difference in performance really than the 65w 50/50, just a little more visually appealing at night with just the actinics on.

Cheers
Steve

Steve-s fixture has 2x36w bulbs 1 is 10,000k and 1 is actenic. The single bulb fixture is 1x65w 50/50 bulb which has both the white and blue hues in it. It is a personal preference but the 2x36w fixture will give more lighting options(as steve-s said) ith a dusk/dawn affect.

all right. i got it... thank you for explaining.

more one question, when should i turn on both the white and blue?
also when should i turn on only one of them. as i know, some people turn on the actenic for 1 hr after the 10,000k... i don know what is the proper time to operate the light.

I use the actenic for approx 1 hr then both for the main part of the day and then just the actenic for an hour afterwards. This simulates dusk and dawn as well as helping to keep from shocking the life in the tank from dark to full lights.

Back
Top Bottom