Captive bred inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Where is a good place to buy captive bred/aquacultured inverts such as shrimp and urchins?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There simply aren't many. You can however get aquacultured abalone, tridacna clams, and cuttlefish to name a few. Stuff like cleaner shrimps are probably not aquacultured simply because it may not be very profitable right now. There may be some placed that do this that I don't know. There are places that aquaculture shrimps and urchins, but only for human comsumption. Corals and anemones however can be much more easier to cultivate, than say a crab or a shrimp. Some corals and anemones can reproduce by fission and don't need to really be raised from their planktonic state.Animals like the skunk cleaner may be easy to get to make and release eggs, but it is VERY HARD to grow them to adults, hence why it MAY be not very profitable. Although Ihave heard of it being done before. It is nice to see you are trying for an option that is relatively better for the wild populations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom