Cardinal fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if Spotted and Kaudern Cardinal fish could be housed together? What about 1 of each? My mom likes both and was wondering about them. Thank you!

I agree with mel. They both have similar body types, one is semi-agressive and the other peaceful, this might cause problems. I also, do not have any experience with them either.

ok, im supprised that no one has them cause they are WAY CUTE! well my mom was wondering if we got one pajama one time, then went back like a week or two later and got another, if they would get along? cause the (new might I add) lady at the LFS said that if we did that they would fight?????????

She's wrong.
I don't know about the Kaudern Cardinals (which I want), but I do have the PJ's and they are some of the most docile fish I've ever seen.
They're not territorial at all in the sense that other fish are, and they're not nippy at all to newcomers in the school/group.
My experience is pretty much the same as what Fosters and Smith have to say:
Fosters and Smith said:
As a group, they will establish a strict hierarchy without aggressiveness.

PS: I plan on adding some of the Kaudern Cardinals later and I'll definitely post back how they all get along... I'm really hoping since the Kauderns are such natural schoolers that they'll all school together with the PJ's out of fear when they first get added to an established, multi-species tank.
*Crosses fingers and toes*

Back
Top Bottom