Caribsea Purple-Up..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am..??... I AM..! buahahahaha :ROFLMAO:

it works 60% of the time, all the time.. but no really it does work what can she do its already in the tank and shes experienced the PITA of catching fish in a well scaped tank so she just has no choice but to love it lol jk

I tend to take 2-3 hours acclimating all fish, coral, and inverts. No sense in rushing it. Sometimes i take longer depending on the mood and how late i get back from getting them.

I made a little system that allows me to acclimate for hours, sometimes for up to 6 hours. Might be overkill but I think the acclimation process can help or hurt a coral or fish.

I made a little system that allows me to acclimate for hours, sometimes for up to 6 hours. Might be overkill but I think the acclimation process can help or hurt a coral or fish.

I drip acclimate everything for a minimum of 2-3 hours. I've always had really good results with this method and loss very very little livestock

I don't drip any corals ever. I just float the bags, then drop them in. Never lost one this way. I have lost corals, but it was weeks later, or it was already failing when I got it, but not within a couple days of adding it.
fish I drip for 30-45 minutes or so.

I don't drip any corals ever. I just float the bags, then drop them in. Never lost one this way. I have lost corals, but it was weeks later, or it was already failing when I got it, but not within a couple days of adding it.
fish I drip for 30-45 minutes or so.

I don't see any downside to letting organisms acclimate slowly. No doubt of your success growing stuff, but it seems that corals could shock from ph and/or salinity differences. Never had luck throwing stuff in.

Last edited:
unless i know for a fact the water quality was good in the tank i got the livestock from then it gets drip acclimated no matter what. It's too easy to set the drip and walk away for a couple hours just to give that animal the best chance possible.

Back
Top Bottom