Carpet Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

WEll I just got my carpet Anemone from LiveAquaria.com and it just so happens that they sent me a Blue Carpet instead of the Generic Assorted Carpet LMAO.. Whooo Hoooo.. That makes me laugh alot.. $150.00 anemone for $32.99 I will have pictures in about an hour or 2 after it gets done from the Drip Acclimation

James

Ok here are a Few pictures.. Mine it I have only had to for 2 hours.. I drip Acclimated it Until the Bag water was the same Salinity as the Tank Water using my Refract. I will and plan on taking more pictures later when he settles in alot more and finds his perfect home..

Opinions Good Deal for 32.99???

James

Ok here is another One.. It seems as though the clowns are really starting to Eyeball the Carpet.. They haven't really left this spot since...

James

WOW what a deal you can't beat that. Merry Christmas to you. Why doesn't anything like that happend to me? Looks pretty healthy too.

Hey James. Im curious will that anemone bother any of your corals on its travels or will it make its way around them?
P.S. congrats on that great deal!! lol good 4 u.

Im curious will that anemone bother any of your corals on its travels or will it make its way around them?
Yes it will.. If it moves it will sting ANYTHING in its way and could possibly kill anything that it touches.. Do a search and look at what it can do to humans.. it can black and blue your entire arm.. Thats why I have decided to get it and add it to the tank at this time as there is not many corals and I can move them rather quickly if it starts moving near them.. So far it seems pretty stationary which means I might have picked that perfect spot and he may Never move from there.. "crossing fingers"

James

Sooooo cool! I would love to get a carpet but I do not have the courage! Let us know what happens, maybe I will get one afterall. :D

I got it in my tank by wearing gloves and placing him where I thought he wanted to be according to my research..
Let us know what happens
So far the carpet is doing awesome.. I wish I could get him to face the front of the tank but I am not going to chance making him unhappy and trying to get him to move.. thats the last thing that i want.. Any Ideas how to turn him around??? lol
maybe I will get one afterall
I would suggest that you read read read.. I have been reading for the last 6months and figured it was time...

thx
James

Wow, he's cool! And it looks like he's pretty good sized, especially for the price!! Can't wait till I learn enough to feel capable of caring for something like that.

What did you read before deciding to get the carpet???? Are you worried that he will eat any of your fish? :?:

Back
Top Bottom