Cats ear leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MANCUNIA13

Aquarium Advice Activist
My new coral was fine yest all open, but 2day he is half closed and not fully open will he be ok??

MANCUNIA13 said:
My new coral was fine yest all open, but 2day he is half closed and not fully open will he be ok??

Did u check ur water parameters?

Yeah all fine, but my mushroom, devils finger, polyps and my xenea's are all doing fine all open an doing their thing, hope its gunna be ok.

Maybe u shud try moving it its prolly not getting the right lighting it requires u shud research it

It may just be shedding which is totally normal for leathers. If everything else is fine I wouldn't worry at all just yet. What's your parameters and specific gravity?

Just got bk from lfs with a water test and it was my phosphate level which was a bit high and salt levels a little low, so I've just done a 10% change an they advised to follow up 2mora with a full 20% change to sort it out. But did the 10% half an hour ago and already the leather is starting to open.

We were also miss informed about it, it's an elephants ear not cats lol

Ok I put a post on before about my cats ear coral which is an Elephants ear, which is now doing well, but have now just been told they eat fish !!!! Is this true and should I take it out as I wouldn't want to loose any.

My salt is 1.025 would this make it eat fish I have no idea I didn't even know they did eat them.

Would it make what eat fish? If your specific gravity is 1.025 it's perfect. That's where most people shoot for as it's appropriate for everything.

They are natural fish eaters they will eat any sleeping fish they can fit in they mouth

It's mad to to think that there is a coral in my tank that eats sleeping fish, but I wouldn't want it to. Us there anything to feed it to stop this happening

No there isn't lol welcome to the beautiful marine world everybody gotta eat I suggest u do ur homework on anything u add to ur tank before u add it and try to trade or sell it

Cheers for your advise, so if it was you would you trade,sell the elephant coral or leave in the tanks, I would keep it just because of it beauty under blue light but only if it turned veggie LOL.

I knew it was a fish eater and I kept it only cuz I love carpet anenomes and it was at least 2 hands in size but it costed me heavy as it ate 3 of my fish so honestly I will never keep such aggression in my tank again

There are so many different types of corals that look amazing under blue light

Well going from your past I think I'll be trading in, but is there anything I could put on to fill the void, night light wise if you know what i mean, it just lights my tank up.

Back
Top Bottom