CB Butterfly w/ anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obscurereef

Aquarium Advice Addict
This seems like a stupid question, but just for clarity or reassurance...I have a tube anemone that almost always comes out at night and adding a CB butterfly would still be a bad idea correct? Thanks.

The butterfly will nip at the tube anemone. Copperband butterfly's have a hard time adjusting to captivity and most of the time die.

I'm picking it up in a couple hours. Looks like it will be going into my 50 gallon. I saw it eat mysis shrimp and the store owner said he's been there eating for 3 weeks. I wouldn't have bought it if it didn't eat.

They still don't make it. Ask on the forum as to who has a copperbanded that's over a few years old. I have fish that are over a decade old, but I can't keep butterfly fish at all. If they made it, it's because they got one that isn't a finicky eater.

They are an advanced fish that should have a big reef to live in and lots of different food sources. They will wipe out your feather dusters and most small anemones.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. I'll try my best. I never said it was going to be easy or that I would succeed. He'll be going into my 50 gallon with noncompetitive fish.

Back
Top Bottom