CBS ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,

I have been looking at getting a coral banded shrimp for my 75gal setup, but I am not sure if it is compatable. I have read different accounts from they are docile and compatible with almost all other tank mates except the same species to they could kill other shrimp, small fish and tear up anenome.

My concern is I do have green chromis, Rock flower anenome and Condy anenome in my tanks along with 2 cleaner shrimp 2 camel back shrimp and a peppermint shrimp.

Does anyone know the real deal on compatability. Anyone keeping them sucessfully with similar tank mates. I do have lots of cover and hiding places in my tank.

My LFS currently has some large specimens in right now at a good price.

TIA,

I have a CBS with a cleaner and a pink tip condy anenome and they are fine... Mine does try and snip at my fish if they get to close but he snips at me when I go to feed him to!! :lol:

I have a condy, 3 rock flower anemone's, 2 cleaner shrimp, 3 pepp shrimp, small fish and they all get along fine with the coral banded. He doesnt bother anyone. If someone gets near him hewill flare up, but hes just a grumpy old man. Dont worry you can have one and it will be fine!! :wink:

Thanks guys,

I figured as much based on all the pics I see of them in peoples set ups, but wanted to make sure.

I think I will stop by the LFS on the way home later today.

My CBS only picks on the Hermits in my tank. Sometimes it seems like he goes looking for them just so he can have something to do.

My CBS does not bother anything in my tank. All fish, corals and inverts are not bothered by it.

Well, the one I looked at last night was still at the LFS so I bought it and brought it home. Currently doing drip acclimation for a few hours. It looks awesome and is huge. Even the LFS person who helped couldn't get over how big and nice it looked. Should be an interesting addition to my community.

I will post a pic once it gets acclimated in a day or so.

Thanks again and happy Thanksgiving,

Congrats!! You will enjoy...also for kicks, if you want, you can do the same...I feed my CBS as well as my cleaner 1-2 times per week with small peices of krill. break off a peice and stick your hand down in the tank next to him...it will take a few times but mine now comes INTO my hand anytime its in there and he will eat from my hand...very cool!! he does get a little carried away sometimes and will pinch me but not to bad

I have 2 CBS in my 125. All my pep's (4) disappeared within weeks of their introduction. Hope you fare better.

If I could catch them I'd give them away but they're too quick and hide in the rock most of the time.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom