center brace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dustybrannum

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sherman, texas-college in arlington,tx near Dall
My 180 gallon has about a 15 inch center brace. My water level is up to this brace to where the surface water on one end does not reach the other without going under the brace to the other end. Do i need to lower my water level so that the water can move from one to the other because my overflow is only on one end of the tank. TIA

I'd say if the water is touching the brace then you probably should lower the level.

Sounds to me like the tank isnt really all that level Either.. I would get a level and get one fast to make sure.. A tank that size would be a major problem if the unlevelness made it break...

James

I would make sure the tank is level!!! It is REALLY important. It was a hard lesson learned from me 5 years ago. IF the tank dont crack under pressure the STAND will!

LOL, I don't think you guys understood the description. The tank is level it's just the center brace is breaking the surface into two sections.

My water level is up to this brace to where the surface water on one end does not reach the other without going under the brace to the other end.
Thsi is the Reason... It doesnt matter if there is an overflow on one end or Not.. The water should be level all the way across... If it is not the tank is more than likely Uneven...

James

The tank is level
the water on both sides of the brace are the same height front to back and left to right. The water level is about 1/16 of an inch up on the brace therefore the surface water is not moving from the south end of the tank to the north end of the tank. To lower the water level i will have to take out my overflow and cut the "teeth" deeper.

Drop the water level so its below the brace yet at the same time you dont see a water line under your canopy.

Back
Top Bottom