Centerpiece fish 37g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 ocellaris clowns and will have 2 blue chromis a cleaner shrimp 2 hermits,4-5snails, and about 20lbs of rock in my 37g and an aquaclear 70-110g filter what do you think my centerpeice fish should be? Btw i go to a small lfs and dont have a ton of money for it and i was thinking of a bi colored blenny...

Would those fit in a 37g with my fish and im still open too any ideas but i want color!

I think the aforementioned fish are too big - how about a Midas blenny - super social, great personality, my favorite fish in my tank.

Wow thats a beautiful fish and i almost fell in love with it but i feed with flakes and pellets and it says they usually eat meaty foods and shrimps so i cant! But any other ideas im thinking either deep blue,red or purple and particularly in blennies i love them!

Well, I can tell you that I feed flakes and pellets as well and my midas eats 'em up. I do feed mysis every 3rd day or so also and he eats that too.

Another awesome fish, which may be pushing it in your size tank, would be a McKoskers Flasher Wrasse - great fish.

My buddy has a flame angel its pretty cool

Ok well flame angels are a little aggressive for what im looking for and in that case i will prob just see if a bicolored or the other blenny is cheaper and get the cheaper one cuz i cant choose,but im still open to suggestions if anybody has any ideas!

I like a Fairy Wrasse or Firefish, they have huge personalities for such small fish!

I have a Pakistan butterfly fish. He is pretty awesome that is my main fish he is pretty well behaved. Check them out super cool fish

I know it is a small fish but helfrichi fire fish are awesome I also just picked one of those up. small fish but huge personality! Look it up once one of the coolest fish I have ever seen for a smaller tank

Its cool but i have 2 clowns and 2 blue chromis so i was looking for something vibrant and high personality because it will be the only solo fish to go with 2 pairs so i wanted it to be a wow type of fish...

Sharklover said:
Any other idease on like a purple,red yeloow or sumptin?

I like my new chalk bass! Stays about 3" very quick lil guy and has great color. He is neon blue and red. Reef safe and hes good personality, he doesnt just sit in one place all day long, he is constantly moving.

Bicolor blenny is a really interesting fish to keep, not shy and has a lot of personality. They're under $20 around here.

I also think a dwarf angel would work, at least in terms of temperament. They can be iffy in a reef- don't know if this applies to you or not. I see some people saying that they won't bother corals if you keep them well fed... but I don't buy it after I had to tear down a 50 gallon to get a well fed, coral eating half black angel. They are really hit or miss with corals IMO.

A fairy wrasse is another great option. They're active and colorful, and there are a lot of species available in the hobby- something at every price point.

If this were my tank I would look into adding some more live rock. Just a thought. :)

I know it is a small fish but helfrichi fire fish are awesome I also just picked one of those up. small fish but huge personality! Look it up once one of the coolest fish I have ever seen for a smaller tank

Gorgeous fish, but probably not for the reefer on a budget. ;)

Last edited:
Oh ill deff get more rock i want only about another like 10-12 lbs more or less and at this point im still getting the bicolor blenny but im just open to options

I got my hefrichi for 30$ I can get them for that price whenever. My fish Guy doesn't mark his fish up a ton. I got an Indian ocean tang not that long ago for 20$ so if anyone wants some cheap fish let me know. I wont mark anything up ill just charge shipping. Even with shipping included that's far less than any fish at my lfs

jwalsh said:
I got my hefrichi for 30$ I can get them for that price whenever. My fish Guy doesn't mark his fish up a ton. I got an Indian ocean tang not that long ago for 20$ so if anyone wants some cheap fish let me know. I wont mark anything up ill just charge shipping. Even with shipping included that's far less than any fish at my lfs

This is pretty far outside the norm for most areas. Here in Atl metro, our prices are pretty reasonable compared to a lot of other locations, but even a purple ff will run you $40 or so. For a helfrichi you're looking at the $100-120 range here.

severum mama said:
This is pretty far outside the norm for most areas. Here in Atl metro, our prices are pretty reasonable compared to a lot of other locations, but even a purple ff will run you $40 or so. For a helfrichi you're looking at the $100-120 range here.

Here also the helfrichi that is at my lfs right now is for sale for $110. The Guy I get my stuff from just does a lot of volume so he can sell for lower prices. For example he sells more live stock in 1 week than the 4 lfs combined.

Back
Top Bottom