Chaetomorpha Dieing off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddiedellz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I grew for the first few weeks and then just starting withering away and now it stays the way it is now looks kinda dead still green any ideas? eveythign els in the tank is doing really nice

Please describe how/where the algae is housed and something about your tank. Could be either lack of nutrient, light and/or competition.

Cheers
Steve

I have the alge in a sump in its own compartment with a small power compact over it it comes on around 1am and turns off 8am my tank is a 65 gal any other info?

coulda eaten up the goods in the water then died off..
Most places I have seen offering the stuff for sale recommend adding it slowly (even if it means waste) so it grows to fit the environment..
hersay, so take it for what it is..

Given the theory of burning out the nutrients in the tank, you could try pruning it back dramaticaly and seeing if you can get the healthy bits to grow better (on a longer light cycle). Most people run their fuge lighting either opposite of their tank lighting or 24/7.

Good luck. Hopefully it is a good sign that you have a clean tank. Is it a new tank? Do you have other undesirable algae?

Back
Top Bottom