Cheato... Clueless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got cheato from a friend will my tang eat it. Shall i put it above or burried it in the sand? What does it do? Pls help me. Thanks

you can put it in your dt if you want but part of it may get into powerheads and pumps,if you dont have a sump attach it to some rock but its does better in water flow.

amosora said:
I got cheato from a friend will my tang eat it. Shall i put it above or burried it in the sand? What does it do? Pls help me. Thanks

Cheat is a micro Algae, it's used in a sump/refugium cause it absorbs nitrates.
Putting it in your display tank will be a disaster cause it will get stuck in your power heads and go everywhere and then you have to hope your tang can eat all the peaces lol... Put it in your refugium where it can grow and help with your nitrates and it's also a great place for pods to reproduce ;-)

It grows extremely fast, and is great for nutrient export! I got a handful from my LFS for free, but after a bout of cyano, it was constantly covered up and mostly ended up smothered out. When I went to throw it away I noticed a little piece about the size of 2 peanuts that was really bright green and very tightly wound up. I left that in my refugium under the light once I got the cyano under control and less than a month later its well over 2 handfuls of the stuff. I am going to need to prune it soon.

Back
Top Bottom