Chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hwtillman1524

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to set-up a regular addition schedule of chemicals. I know I need to add iodine, calcium, carbonate, and vitamins. What other chemicals do you all recommend?

know I need to add iodine, calcium, carbonate, and vitamins. What other chemicals do you all recommend?
Why do you need to add these? Are you testing for ALL of these chemicals? Iodine, in particular, can be very dangerous to add to a tank, easy to overdose. Honestly, with regualr and frequent water changes the addition of chemicals is not really needed. They are pretty expensive, take that money and get sme more LR or something more beneficial to the tank.

Where did you get the list of things to add???
First you need test kits to check the levels of each before you use any additives.
Vitamins? Not sure what you are considering vitamins.
Also it depends on what type of tank you are setting up as to wha you ned to add.
The only thing I add is calcium and alkalinity 2 part system from B-ionic.
I have a 125 reef with mostly soft corals.
Doing regular water changes will help keep most things in check.
I try to add as little as possible to my tank that way there is little chance of any problems.

Vitamins? Not sure what you are considering vitamins.
Seachem makes an additive with vitamins and amino acids.
I try to add as little as possible to my tank that way there is little chance of any problems.
A good philosophy to use.

Back
Top Bottom