christmas wrasee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my wife and i really like the christmas wrasse. we saw them in hawaii whille snorkling and are part of the reason we are getting into this hobby. is a 29 gallon too small for one? we are planning on having just a couple of fish total, as well as invertes. right now our tank is cycling with 40lbs LS and 40lbs LR from liverocks.com. so far i have learned that they are peaceful , reefsafe and grow 4-6 inches in aquariums. if not the christmas wrasse is there a similar looking fish or wrasse that would work

thanks
steve r

they need a ton of swimming room good to see your doing your home work before just buying. Lr and Ls is the way to go.... Ditto on the 6 line.... Or 4 line another cool wrasse.

thanks for the info guys. we dont want a fish to be uncomfortable. this forum has really help me and my wife do our homework and weed out the garbage some of the LFS's have tried to sell us :D

we think this is what we are going to try ( over time of course ) for our fish

clown gold stripe maroon or ? ( maybe with anenome )
lemon peel angel or fire angel
royal gramma or a purple dottyback
lawnmower blenny , rock blenny or yellow watchman goby

will our 130 watts of PC lighting suppot any anenome that a clown will host?
does this sound like too much bio load for a 29 gallon? we will also have a few inverts for cleaning

steve r

Back
Top Bottom