chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted to share a pic of my green chromis taking up refuge in a fuzzy mushroom coral. Anyone else have pics of damsels of than clowns taking up residence in corals or anemones?

Great pic! Mine used to hide in my toadstools. I love chromis but whenever I put them in my tank they all end up dead in less then three days. I suspect my royal grammas... :cry:

Yeah, I can't seem to keep a school of them either. I have two of them now but seems when I add more, they disappear.

They are actually well known to "hover" within the tentacles of certain anemones as well, usually LTA's. Very cool to see if a good sized school.

Cheers
Steve

My domino damsel is very fond of the red bubble tip anemone! He is always hovering above it! I even caught him a few time swimming in it! reminds me of clownfish!

Awesome pic!

I bought a small school of green chromis (6). They stayed together nicely in my tank, then slowly they started dying off, one by one. I would find their dead bodies attached to the intakes of powerheads. Turns out, I watched it happen one day, the smaller ones could not swim away from the intake of one of my powerheads and would get stuck to the filter, eventually dying.

That powerhead has been replaced, but there are only 2 chromis left. I plan on getting more when my 120 is setup.

I've had bad luck with chromis as well. I was told by a LFS in Portland, Maine to keep them in groups of even numbers and also found out that they do better if they are all the same size. They will kick the odd fish out and pick on smaller members of the group until dead.

Sure enough- 4 chromis all the same size - all surviving.

Back
Top Bottom