Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw at my lfs in one of their "display only" tanks that was a 29 gallon they had 5 blue green reef chromis's and i realllllly liked the looks of it and how they schooled together. I didn't see any other fish in that tank but it was really cool.

Heres for the question. If i got 4-5 blue green chromis's for my 29 gallon reef tank, would it be to much and would they be the only fish i could have? Thanks.

Chromis get around 3" long so that would be 15" of fish. Way overstocked. You could probably get away with 3.

what about 3 chromis, a clown, and a yellow clown goby?

Either that or 1 chromis, pair of clowns, and a yellow clown goby.

You might want to check out the calculator on this sight and that should give you an idea of the amount of fish (in inches) you should have in your tank. I am no expert but it sounds like that might be a little overstocked when those fish mature. HTH.

You could do three chromis, or a pair of occelaris clowns and a goby or firefish. Three small fish won't be to bad.

That's the tricky part of this hobby, especially the 1"/5 gal. rule. Having three 4 inch gobies will produce less waste than one 12 inch lion fish. With small fish, I worry more about not enough personal space for each fish and having an aggression problem between fish than bioload.

Back
Top Bottom