Chromis and tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ese1974

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does somebody know if I can mix few green chromis with some tangs ( yellow, purple and blue tang)?

I dont see why not. If you are adding three tangs then it must be at least a 125 gallon tank so there should be enough room.

The tang police will chide you mercilessly for having too small of a tank for three tangs. Chromis and tangs generally don't bother each other in my experience.

The serious answer for the Tangs is that they really need a lot of space to swim or they become stressed. Stress weakens a fish's immune system. Weakened immune systems open fish up to diseases and other health issues. Tangs are very susceptible to Ich, and Ich is most often started in stressed fish. If you had three Tangs in something smaller than a 125g, you are looking at an excellent chance of Ich and I'd also bet on having territory/agression issues.

I have three green chromis , a scopas tang, and just bought a baby blue hippo tang yesterday and Nobidy bothers anybody they all get along the hippo is so small the chromis are bigger then it!

Good luck to your hippo. They are very peaceful tang but so delicate to take care of specially when they are young. They will lay down on their side to play dead when stressed.

Thanks hopefully my uv sterlizer kills alot of free fkoatinf ich or parasites

That's the thing with Hippo Tangs. They have started showing up in stores now as these tiny cute babies. That tiny baby is going to grow almost a foot, and is very prone to ich. The Scopas will likely be just as big when it's grown. They tend not to be aggressive towards other fish, but in a tank they can be it they are cornered or harassed. Both fish require tons of swimming space and great water quality.

Back
Top Bottom