clalcium problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJDevilsWinCup

Aquarium Advice Regular
about a week ago i bought kalkwasser.i read up on it and made a doser and began dripping it. my calcium was at 360 five days ago. since then ive dripped about 1 gal - 1 gal 1/2 of kalkwasser but nothings changed, still 360.first i put about half the bottle then put the kalkwasser mix it and then add the rest of the water.i let the water stay for 24 hours then i drip it. today i decided to test the water in the bottle and got like 0 calc. can anyone explain the proper way of dripping kalk.
ps i use seachem reef kalkwasser and this is the doser http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-06/nftt/

How much kalk powder did you add to the RO water? The saturation point is 2 teaspoons/gal. Could be you just need to increase the drip rate depending on your evaporation. 1-1½ gal of kalkwasser over a five day period could have just maintained the levels depending on what's in the tank.

I tried the link but the site must be down. Connection was refused so I'll look later on what type of doser you are using.

EDIT: what is the alk level?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom