Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonzo82

Aquarium Advice Regular
This has to be the most interesting thing i have ever watched. He has more character to him than any fish i have ever owned. The guy at the LFS told me that he would not clean my damsels but every afternoon i look in the tank and he is hitching a ride on the belly of one of my damsels. And the damsel doesnt seem to mind. I also have a question on how often they are supost to molt. Mine has molted twice and he has only been in the tank for about 2 weeks maybe a little more. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the water quality that is making him do this.

Thanks

I forgot. Should i remove the molted skin from the tank or just leave it in there.

Cleaner shrimp are really cool. Mine clean my hand and arm when I do tank maintanace. Just leave the molt. The shrimp may actually eat part of it. It is suppose to be benifical to them as they develope thier new shell.

Yea mine wont leave me alone either. He is always grabing my arm when its in the tank. Kinda freaks me out some times if i am not paying attention.

My cleaner has gotten so huge that he is now becoming a menace in my small 46g. He is all over the corals and has many times stolen food right out of my hairy mushrooms mouth. :evil: I may need to change my Avatar soon.

Look in my gallery at my cleaners, they are a trip. One of them actually swims to the surface when I feed now, and its a 30" deep tank. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom