Cleaner shrimp clean my pink spotted watchman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I found my goby openng its mouth and the cleaner went partially in and he took his little white claw things and picking in gobies mouth. I also found him on the side of goby by his gills and on his fins. Is the cleaner shrimp cleaning???

Thats great! One more thing, he wont go exploring my tank he will just sit under "His Piece Of LR" and wont come out unless a flake of food comes floating by.

That's pretty normal. They set up a "cleaning station". They may move their station from time to time to a different part of the tank, but for the most part, they just hang out in one general area.

Wouldnt he be less shy with a buddy in the tank with him? Im thinking about getting him one :) I also have 2 camels I dunno why my dad bought them, LOL but they sometimes chase the cleaner but they dont do it repitedly they only do it if cleaner gets close to them.

Yea, I know but Ive had them for weeks and they dont bother anything and if they do they are going to go back to the lfs

Get another cleaner, I have 2 and they get along famously. In fact they are both very "not shy", out most of the time swaying in the current.

They explore some, but they spend most of their time at the cleaning station. Always visible, in fact they are one of the first to the glass when you come up to the tank. :wink:

Mine sometimes goes to the glass when I look at him, but he doesnt clean my arm! LOL does it hurt when he cleans you? Looks like it tickles

I like your neon goby, I think my lfs has either a neon goby or a cleaner wrasse, I heard that they look the same and server the same purpose. I also like your star and your urchin, does your urchin get along in your tank with the inverts? I own a brittle star :) (y)

Thanks. No issues with any of the inverts, they do their own thing. The urchins just clean the glass and rock like the starfish.

cool, I want a neon goby but dont they look exactly the same as cleaner wrasse? I want a neon goby but I am afraid it would be a cleaner wrasse and have it die in my tank, becaue cleaner wrasses have hard time being kept in captivity.

Neone gobie don't look like cleaner wrasse. They basically cling to surfaces in the tank. Wrasse are free swimming. The cleaner wrasse do horrible in tanks, neon gobies are much better, but you don't need one. Also camel shrimp will eat corals, why not return them now.... Why wait for them to cause harm? Makes no sense

Back
Top Bottom