cleaner shrimp coming soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mine.Mine.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. I am getting a cleaner shrimp this weekend and wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on theirs! Pros and cons are welcomed

Take your time acclimating it, it is best to do the drip method. The only con I have with shrimp is they take food from corals.

I just got 2 yesterday and while they look cool I don't have any solid experience, Curious to see this thread go forward.

I thought I would jump in and ask a question. Can you have two different cleaner shrimp in a tank? Let's say a coral banded shrimp and I believe they are called fire shrimp(the ones that eat glass nems)

I just got 2 yesterday and while they look cool I don't have any solid experience, Curious to see this thread go forward.

I am curious, what all have they nibbled on? How did your current fish react to them when they were added?

Nobody cared that they went in LOL. They are front and center right now in the tank, about 2 inches from my goby. I also have 4 peppermint shrimp and so far no issues.

I was curious how this cleaning of the fish thing works, my yellow tan has gone by them but hasnt stopped. The kole tang hasnt even noticed them.
:)

Meh, my cleaner shrimp doesn't take food from my corals. But my hawk fish does >>. He just hovers by my turkey baster and slurps up whatever I'm feeding. Just be sure to slowly drip acclimate him.

Peppermint shrimp eat aiptasia. And I have a coral banded shrimp, several peppermint and a cleaner in my 75. They generally ignore each other. The CBS is the most aggressive but he doesn't seem to go after the others.

Maya said:
Peppermint shrimp eat aiptasia. And I have a coral banded shrimp, several peppermint and a cleaner in my 75. They generally ignore each other. The CBS is the most aggressive but he doesn't seem to go after the others.

Ok good because I wanted to get a coral banded shrimp and a peppermint shrimp. Thanks for the info.

Cleaner shrimps to me have the most personality , I have 3 in my 90g and I'm about to get 3 blood shrimps .... I would be careful cause the coral banded shrimp are known to kill cleaner shrimps :-/

Oh and yes my shrimps love taking food away from my anemone and corals :-/ but you gotta love them :)

Tomchong22 said:
I thought I would jump in and ask a question. Can you have two different cleaner shrimp in a tank? Let's say a coral banded shrimp and I believe they are called fire shrimp(the ones that eat glass nems)

The golden banded coral shrimp will not cause you the problems the coral banded one will.Also the fire shrimp will eat zoo's.

Got my shrimp, he is still getting used to the tank and only comes out when my lights go out. The other fish seem a bit cautious of him, so hopefully they will come around.

Carey - have your fish gotten closer to seeing that he wants to clean (not eat) them?

Back
Top Bottom