Cleaner shrimp eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
After the lights went out tonight I noticed my cleaner shrimp acting kinda funny, I mean they are all over the tank but they travel from point a to b and that's it. Points a & b change from time to time so I was a littel interested when I saw my cleaner "dancing" on the front glass. I got a flashlight out and it is releasing what looks like hundreds of something. Kinda white with a little tail off one end. Could I be seeing the birth of baby cleaner shrimp?

Sounds like it..... Its strange that you did not see the eggs sooner on the shrimp. they have bright green eggs under there tails...

Yes it probably was! I had my cleaners act very funny, then BAM baby shrimp. What I saw though were tiny shrimp. Look real close. :wink:

they have bright green eggs under there tails...

Yep, but like I said, they don't stay in one place long, their cleaning station is acutally in the back of the tank. :roll:

then BAM baby shrimp

Did you have any survive? I guess I may have gotten lucky, I got rid of the scats and the other garbage disposals in my tank so they at least didn't get eaten right away. :roll:

Wonder how long it takes for them to mature enough to feel safe coming out? I'm sure they have to hide when they are that small.

Back
Top Bottom