cleaner shrimp questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crage34

Aquarium Advice Freak
well my tank just cycled a few days ago so i went out and got a cleaning crew from my lfs...i got 3 hermits 3 turbos and a cleaner shrimp...i ment to get a peppermint shrimp and the lady told me it was one( i didnt know)...when i got it home and looked it up on the net i found out that it was a cleaner ( payed 7.00 and they charge 18.00 for cleaners...dumb lady)..anyways i love my cleaner shrimp he has already marked out his own lil cave in my rock and he goes after anything i put in the tank (flakes, raw shrimp, ect...) i was wondering is there anything i can feed this lil guy...he is so cool to watch and im so happy to have life in my tank..if all goes well for a bout a week im getting my first clown

He will clean up any leftovers that may fall. What you have mentioned will work. May want to try some frozen mysis, mine love thats.
IMO, go slow with the fish and qt them for at least 3-4 week before putting them in your main. Go slow and most of all.....have fun!! :)

Just give the cleaner shrimp about 2 mysid shrimps or so. They will scavenge for their food, make sure not too overfeed too early, especially with a young tank. Inverts are much more sensitive to water parameters and overfeeding your cleaner crew could cause them to die from ammonia/nitrite/ and higher nitrate.

ok thanks a bunch guys...yeah i plan on only having 1 fish for the next 2 months because im moving soon

Back
Top Bottom