Cleaner Shrimp - What Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just thought I'd share. I got a cleaner shrimp today and I'm very glad I did. At first one of my damsels just went after him and went after him, didn't want him anywhere near the rocks. Poor thing was up in the top corner. I came back later and the cleaner shrimp was exploring the rocks. Then I saw the Damsel go over, but this time he politely backed in toward him. I guess the shrimp was holding a grudge and walked away from him. A little later I the shrimp was cleaning the algae blenny, and a little bit after that the damsel tried again and got a cleaning :eek:)

Just a side note, silly lil' hermit crab. I think its a red legged, i asked about it while buying some stuff at the fish store and they gave him to me for free :eek:) He was in a nice lil' round shell (I don't have any of them in nice little round shells in my tank) so guess what the first thing he did when he got in the tank, moved out of the lil' round shell and into a boring one like all the blue legged have.... but when I came back he moved again, and this time into a nice long shell that I found at the beach in Puerto Rico. I guess I shouldn't get too excited because odds are he'll switch again, but still nice for now.

Awesome! I think some pics would be cool too, but that just sounds like a lot of fun. Tons of things go on in a saltwater tank, it's just a shame we aren't there to witness all the things when they happen.

But it's still very cool. Sad to say i've never seen a cleaner shrimp cleaning a fish, even thought that would be pretty cool. My purple firefish was always so twitchy and got freaked out by anything, so i knew he would never give in to the shrimp lol. And my ocellaris clowns were always swimming near the top of my tank and never went around the rocks so.. yeah. :p

I've seen a fish almost play dead while the shrimp cleaned him and flipped him over. Mouth wide open too to get some flossing. Saw that at an LFS. Amazing.

I forgot the name of the guy, but he has one of those shows kinda like Steve Irwin's. He dove and put a cleaner shrimp in his mouth, and sure enuf, there he was picking thru the leftover lunch in his teeth.

yeah, he's cleaned me a few times when I'm going in there for stuff. My blue neon goby comes onto my hand whenever I go in the tank too.

Jeff Corwin is awesome. No offense to the dead, but i liked Corwin's show better than Irwins.

Back
Top Bottom