Cleaner Shrimps Active?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a cleaner for a good price 14.99 and was wondering if they are active , I've read that they are more active if you get 2 but 30 is alot of money for a pair of shrimp , but are they active alone?

Ur lucky, I paid $37.99. Mine is very active. He is usually out about the tank. I haven't seen him clean any fish yet....

Mine is semi active. He hides alot but at feeding time or cleaning time he is out and about.

I have two cleaners and a CB and they are always out. If I clean the tank or put my hand in the tank they will all climb on my hand. It was kinda weird at first, now they are the stars of the tank.

I've only ever kept them in pairs and mine are very brave and out in the open all the time.

roka64 said:
Ur lucky, I paid $37.99. Mine is very active. He is usually out about the tank. I haven't seen him clean any fish yet....

i went to a lfs today and they wanted 38.99 for cleaner shrimp thats the highest ive ever seen, and they wanted 89 for an anemone think i wont be visiting there again anytime soon hehe :lol:

"i paid $180" what do u mean? And thats crazy 38.99? thats wayyyy toooo much for a cleaner , they go for 15-20 around here

Mine was $20 ( south TX ). 4 days new to the tank. He set up shop and hardly moves far from it. I seen him clean my maroon clown a few times ( very cool ). He molted a few days after being in the tank. This a good sign or bad?

I keep a single one and he's always been hyperactive. He also does the climb on the arm thing sometimes, but usually he just gets close enough to see what I'm doing. He knows that "the giant hand" will give him a treat sometimes :)

When I feed flake he swims upside-down at the surface and eats with the fish. Pretty funny. They cost $15 to $20 here and I'm in Alaska so $30+ seems pretty crazy to me.

What do you mean you don't want to hagel. My lfs is way over priced sometimes so i just hagel, they always drop the price.

inspire0522 said:
He molted a few days after being in the tank. This a good sign or bad?
Molting is the only way they can grow out of their old shell. The new shell hardens within a couple of days to a week and they usually stay hidden during that time. They frequently molt every 3-4 weeks when young and about every month or two when fully mature.

Always a good thing and I’d leave the shell in the tank. The scavengers will get to it within a day or two.

Yup, I paid almost $40...I'm just not ready to order online, and I like going to my LFS and looking at the fish....I also wait about a week or so to see how her livestock is doing....I might actully go buy the 4 line wrasse she has....seems more colorful than the 6 liners....

just paid $19 for a cleaner yesterday for the Nano. Although they had some "Jumbo's" that were $42 .... that is WAAAAAAY to much!

is 89 to much for a bubble tip anemone not that entertaining getting one but i just thought that was to much, their anemone tank was so awsome i kinda got the urge lol but i desided i would wait a few more months

yeah i paid an amazing price of $8 for my cleaners. Only ended up spending about $16 for both of them. Best Price i have ever heard of. As for them being active, the pair is always busy doing something.

P-MAN

Back
Top Bottom