Cleaning a CPR BakPak 2R...and now no skimmate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what the cleaning procedure should be for the CPR BakPak Skimmate cup. It had been producing 1/4 cup of skimmate per day, and I rinse it out with hot water. I took a look at it yesterday..and it smelled really bad and the waste was gunked up all over it..so I thought I would clean it more with a paper towel and get all the gunk off.

Now the skimmer is producing NO skimmate (for over 24 hrs) and I am having a HUGE microbubble problem in the tank. Should I NOT have cleaned the cup out at all and left the gunk in it? Or could something else be wrong with the setup. I removed the sponge in the 2R outlet about 2 weeks ago...and nitrates were getting a little high and I was nervous that it could be a "nitrate factory". I sure that is where SOME of the bubble are coming from..but it was not like that for the last 2 weeks.

Thanks for the help!

WC

Give it a week..Can't explain why, but as long as the rest of the unit is fairly clean, it will start to skim again and the bubbles will fade. I have the same model and clean it from head to toe bout 2 times with the same results. Currently isnt skimming worth a flip, but mines old and I should porlly replace the pump. It'll settle back in.

Back
Top Bottom