cleaning critter required options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
i would like a friend or two for my clarkii clowns. As it is a small tank( 12 gallon) these are to be the only fish but i want a cleaning buddy(or a maid) im off to get 2 snails today shall i get me a crab or a shrimp which ones do i need additional lighting id like a pet that wont eat my fish it would be good if they wont eat it either, but it should help with the cleaning, and be easy to keep any ideas??

its been going since christmas,on bacteria in a bottle cycle and jbl brands, fish have been in for two weeks and ammonia nitrites nitrates have finally regulated and are close to 0 im not sure about the filtration, it works in the hood , i bought an acrylic tank as a complete system, i will have to check the filter wattage and post it when i get home

I'd go with a cleaner shrimp; either Blood Shrimp or Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. Much prettier and more interesting to look at than snails.

if you have live rock id say get maybe 8 snails and 10 or so hermit crabs... depending on how much cleaning your tank needs. I also like emerald crabs for something a little different. I agree that a cleaner shrimp would be the best way to do. If you dont have live rock i would definetly get about 12 lbs or so. Make sure your cycle is completed because some inverts can be more sensative than fish.

HTH

rosstifer

Back
Top Bottom