Cloudy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_tee0419

Aquarium Advice Activist
A few days ago I filled my 120 with RODI water from the grocery store. I brought the sg up to 1.023 with Oceanic seasalt, and have been letting it run with my 2 Cascade 1500 canister filters(w/ activated carbon), and Remora Pro. My water is not necessarily discolored, just appears cloudy when you look up towards the lighting. The tank has no substrate or anything at this point. I'm not sure if that would make any difference. I guess I will do a water change in a few days if it doesn't clear up. Not sure what the cause is though... what do you think?

if you are planning on using substrate (i would reccomend sand) go ahead and add it now. Even if you rinse it well, the tank will get cloudy again. After adding the shrimp, the bacteria will colonize on stuff halping it settle out of the water

Yup, the cloudiness is normal. Add the substrate nd wait a few more days. You may need to check your filter pads every day and change them when they get dirty. Theycan clog pretty fast filtering waer with new sand.

Back
Top Bottom