clown and wrasse question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Went to the LFS last night and bought 2 clowns (false perc-nemo's). They are settled into my tank but in watching them, they seem ok. However one of the clowns(smaller of the 2) like rubs up against the other ALL THE TIME! The larger one seems as if it wants to rest and the smaller one keeps rubbing up against it. Is this normal? Never observed clowns doing this.
Also I bought a yellow wrasse. He dive bombed the CC I have and disappeared. How long do they hide?? The guy at the LFS told me he probably would do this and he did....as soon as he hit the tank I saw a puff of cloud in the back of my tank and he was gone.
Thanks

If the clowns were in the LFS in the same tank, they are probably a pair now. The larger one will be the female and the smaller the male. This is the case with true percula's. I would assume it would be the same for false's--maybe someone else could verify. As for the wrasse, mine never burrowed, so I can't help ya' there.

Stacy

fishman said:
Also I bought a yellow wrasse. He dive bombed the CC I have and disappeared. How long do they hide?? The guy at the LFS told me he probably would do this and he did....as soon as he hit the tank I saw a puff of cloud in the back of my tank and he was gone.
Very normal for most wrasses. All the yellow varieties I know of will do this and can be quite common when adding to a new tank. They will do this when freightend or when it's bedtime. After it has had time to settle it should become more active. Do not do anything to try coaxing it out physically, it should eventually respond to feedings and come out on it's own. If you try to rustle it out, there is a good chance you will never see it :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I agree with Stacy, it is likely you have the start of a pair. My maroon clowns do this all the time.

Good luck,

Back
Top Bottom