clown attacking damsel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltyTony

Aquarium Advice Regular
do you think a clown fish is capable of killing a yellow tail damsel?

my clown fish is attacking my damsel lol.

What type of clown is it, some are very aggressive.
BTW a clown is a damsel.

It shouldn't be attacking the damsel unless it is hosting something in the area that the damsel is swimming around. It could be hosting something as silly as a power head.

okay. lol i just think its funny because usually damsels attack things that are smaller than them and the clowns are pretty small lol..

oh well atleast the damsels are not messing with them. because i was told by everyone they will mess with my fishes but they are really harmless lol.

Honestly.. doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary to me. Damsels are generally aggressive and territorial especially if there is another fish in the tank with the same size and/or shape and/or colors. A larger tank would bring this factor down a bit, but not by much. They need something that blocks their line of sight, so they can't see eachother. I have ocellaris, and even though they are considered to be the "nicest" of the clowns, i can't really say they are all that nice. My two clowns really attacked eachother and my emerald crabs relentlessly until i put an end to it lol. All this sounds like to me is normal behavior between two "sometimes" aggressive fish.

However, to stop the fighting you can turn off the lights. Turning off the lights always stops fish from fighting. That's how i got my fish to stop fighting for good. You can also put a little food in the tank when they are duking it out. That will usually sidetrack them for some time. I used both of these methods, but i found the lights-out thing works the best, considering it even stopped the fighting for good.

I watched a dvd being a newbie at this :) they say rearange your and disturb the fish they concentrate finding a new home and rebuild it. Like i do everytime i use to put a fish in and just make sure everything is secured and move stuff slightly even if its a inch, i saw it on a dvd :) hehe if that be ANY HELP lol

everything seem to be fine. i my clowns swim along with the damsels now and sometimes my royal gramma joins the fun :)

well i have 2 clowns and i think were the oc's they were the cheapest onse and they always fought with my 3 dominoes and made them swim away in a panic mode and the dominoes are supposed to be really mean

Back
Top Bottom