Clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
What does it mean when my clowns keep stirring up my sand with their tails?

Sounds like they found a place to call home. I had two that spent hours in the back corner on the sand bed that they hosted, crazy clowns! :)

+ 1. On this same topic mine have been chasing each other around and then on will eventually twitch what does this mean? On the original post when you go to clean the area of the tank they are hosting dont be suprised if the clowns "attack" you hands. As If they're are defending their home, they will whip their tails at you hand

Sounds to me like they are becoming a mated pair. The one doing the twitching is submitting to the other one, which will become the female.

If they are still small and the same size it might be a matter of who will be the dominate female and who will be the male.

They are already a mated pair and hosting a green bubble tip. They were jus moved from another tank to this tank. It seems that they stir up the sand to pick up food... Can this be possible? Or is it something else?

Ok now my clowns are being destructive... They are bull dozing everything around. Why?

LdIZzY said:
Ok now my clowns are being destructive... They are bull dozing everything around. Why?

I have had my paired clowns for about a yr or so and they have always done that to get food and I have notice they do it in the area that they spent most their time in .

Back
Top Bottom